By K. Jaishankar
Victimization throughout the net is turning into extra customary as cyber criminals have constructed more beneficial how you can stay nameless. And as extra own info than ever is saved on networked desktops, even the occasional or non-user is in danger. a set of contributions from around the world specialists and rising researchers, Cyber Criminology: Exploring net Crimes and felony habit explores today’s interface of machine technology, web technology, and criminology.
Topics mentioned include:
- The growing to be risk of cyber crime in Nigeria
- Internet playing and electronic piracy
- Sexual habit on the net, baby pornography, and on-line exploitation of children
- Terrorist use of the Internet
- Cyber stalking and cyber bullying
- The victimization of ladies on social networking websites
- Malware victimization and hacking
- The Islamic international in our on-line world and the propagation of Islamic ideology through the Internet
- Human rights matters that the electronic age has created
Approaching the subject from a social technology viewpoint, the publication explores equipment for identifying the reasons of computing device crime victimization through interpreting an individual’s way of life styles. It additionally publishes the findings of a learn performed on students approximately on-line victimization.
Advances in info and communications applied sciences have created a variety of new crime difficulties that didn't exist 20 years in the past. possibilities for numerous felony actions to pervade the web have ended in the expansion and improvement of cyber criminology as a unique self-discipline in the criminology framework. This quantity explores all points of this nascent box and offers a window at the way forward for net crimes and theories in the back of their origins.
K. Jaishankar was once the final Chair of the 1st overseas convention of the South Asian Society of Criminology and Victimology (SASCV), held January 15-17, 2011 on the resort Jaipur vegetables in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.