By Allen J. Frantzen
- Reveals vital hyperlinks among crucial options of the Anglo-Saxon interval and matters we expect approximately today
- Reveals how fabric culture—the heritage of work, medication, know-how, id, masculinity, intercourse, nutrition, land use—is as vital because the background of ideas
- Offers a richly theorized process that intersects with many disciplines inside and out of medieval studies
Read Online or Download Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Civic advantage and the kind of schooling that produces publicly minded voters turned a subject matter of dialogue in American political discourse of the Nineteen Eighties, because it as soon as used to be one of the intelligentsia of Classical Athens. Conservatives corresponding to former nationwide Endowment for the arts chairman William Bennett and his successor Lynn Cheney held up the Greek thinker Aristotle because the version of a public-spirited, virtue-centered civic educator.
The Bible performed a vital position in shaping Anglo-Saxon nationwide and cultural identification. in spite of the fact that, entry to Biblical texts was once inevitably restricted to only a few participants in Medieval England. during this publication, Samantha Zacher explores how the very earliest English Biblical poetry creatively tailored, commented on and unfold Biblical narratives and traditions to the broader inhabitants.
The eighteenth century used to be a interval while the fashionable Novel emerged during the paintings of writers resembling Laurence Sterne (1713-68), Richardson, Defoe, Fielding and Johnson. even if, the writing of Sterne is regarded as influencing glossy writing from Joyce and Woolf onwards greater than any of the opposite eighteenth century novelists.
Migrationen, additionally dauernde Verlagerungen des Wohnortes von Einzelpersonen oder Gruppen, sind Indikatoren der globalen Vernetzung und damit auch der Globalgeschichte. Darüber hinaus waren sie eine Erscheinung der Menschheit von Anfang an. Aus dem Mittelalter sind zwar bestimmte Migrationen, etwa die sogenannte germanische Völkerwanderung, schon intestine bekannt, sie wurden aber noch nie systematisch erfasst.
- The King’s Bishops: The Politics of Patronage in England and Normandy, 1066–1216 (The New Middle Ages)
- Dante’s Vita Nuova, New Edition: A Translation and an Essay
- Geoffrey of Monmouth and the Translation of Female Kingship (Arthurian and Courtly Cultures)
- Schreibende Frauen um 1500 (Scrinium Friburgense) (German Edition)
- The Poetics of Commemoration: Skaldic Verse and Social Memory, c. 890-1070 (Oxford English Monographs)
- Medieval Monstrosity and the Female Body (Routledge Studies in Medieval Religion and Culture)
Extra info for Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).)